Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I am Sorry!

A couple of posts earlier, I mentioned that I am taking part in the Ultimate Blogging Challenge (UBC), where in, I am required to post one blog post a day for the entire month of July. As I went on writing posts for the first few days, I realised that it was quite simple to produce one post a day because someone as talkative as me always will have some sort of verbal diarrhea to type and translate into an online post form.

I went online to the UBC website to read on details of the challenge just out of curiosity. While it is a splendid initiative to motivate people to write, share, increase their readers' network and maximise blog content, there is a downside - well at least for me there is. You see, my foremost mission in reviving my one - post - blog, was not to maximise content and or to meet any targets, or to  increase readership etc. My foremost focus is to write something because I want to write about it - not because I have to produce one post every day. While this is a great motivator for some and ideally I too would want to have something I want to write about, every day. However, I feel my previous blog post was not so good and perhaps if I hadn't taken up the challenge I wouldn't have posted it in that form. Or perhaps I would have added more value to it - I don't know.

I did think about this myself and when a dear one gave me some blatant feedback that, 'it feels like you wrote that because you have to write, and not because you want to write', I was taken aback slightly. The Bollywood drama queen in me did give the person an earful saying, 'you could have put it in a better way even if that's what you feel!', 'you're so rude!', 'you need to rethink your feedback strategy!', etc, etc (:D). But deep within I knew what the person had said was true as the thought had crossed my own mind initially.

Having given myself a couple of days to sleep over it I have come to the conclusion, that I perhaps did write that post just for the sake of writing my blog post for that day, and but for this challenge, I wouldn't have posted it just as I did. So via today's post, I want to send a very sincere apology to the person I snapped at (:D) and I want to assure my readers, that when you take your valuable time out to read this space, its a promise that you will be reading something I want to write about and offer you to read and never something I have to write about.

No matter what course my participation in the challenge takes, I still would like to thank the organisers of the challenge as every experience, is an asset in life. At least I learned that if I am to start a blog where my primary motive is to maximise content and readership, I am well capable of running it successfully. However, for here, my primary motive is to write because I want to. Everything, including the blog content and the readers and followers will come eventually but I will always focus on the primary motive. Because this is my sacred space, free from the stresses, expectations, worries and targets of the world. This is my unadulterated therapy!

To that special one of mine - I am sorry! :)



No comments: