Friday, July 5, 2013

The unnamed post

I have forgotten to mention in any of my previous July posts that I am taking part in a blogging challenge called the "Ultimate Blogging Challenge" that a very sweet person ever so kindly informed me of. Taking part simply implies you commit to writing one blog post a day.



Initially when I heard about this challenge, I was filled with immense self doubt. For starters, in the last 6 years my blogging average has been 0.1666666666667 posts a year. Having only just returned here and truly started blogging and with a 8 month old filled with energy, wanting to cuddle and play with mommy every waking hour, the furthest I could push myself to was one post a week. Would I be able to do this? I know I so want to! I tried to calm my tormented mind and told myself, 'Well one post a day is for others. They obviously don't have a small baby crawling and cruising around all day. I must and I will give myself some relaxation for my inability and perhaps focus on one post in 2 days. Yes, that would perhaps be realistically achievable.' You see, when you have a toddler around, people like me take it for granted that no one in such a situation can or will  lead a normal life until their baby is a little older and more independent. Ahhh that felt good now! No more pressure on my head to produce one post a day - mine is a special case and my deadline is 2 days! I could literally feel the stress flying off my head.




Stress, my friends, is a funny guy! The minute it comes to live in your head, you start getting disturbed and wondering whether or not you will ever be able to deal with the situation you're in, to the standard that you actually have set up for yourself. Not the standard that you allow yourself as a special case. Your productivity commits suicide the minute he speculates his beloved creativity and stress are having a thing going on between them. Creativity, however, was always faithful to productivity, yet she digs a dagger into her heart and ends her life, just as soon as she gets the news of her beloved's suicide.

There you go - that's Shakespeare's, 'Romeo and Juliet'  (more like 'productivity and creativity' LOL. Shakespeare's soul will surely haunt me for doing this to one of his finest works) relived for you once again. Certainly, 'All isn't well that doesn't end(s) well'

Now for the bigger news - Surprise!! Surprise!! Well, surprise, that is, if you haven't noticed already. Since the day I took up the challenge, I have consistently posted one blog post each day (except for yesterday when Mr. apple ipad decided to vanish my post into nothing {I will surely write another post about that moment of frustration}. But I am confident I will soon catch up unless a natural calamity strikes.) Its almost as if from the moment when I took off my head, that pressure, and the stress it radiated, I just knew I could do this.

The lesson I learned from this experience, which I guess is the purpose of my post (in addition to making you laugh a little) is that minus the stress we all can continue nurturing our talent for a lifetime! Stress brutally and cold bloodily murders creativity and talent in any shape or form. Once again I will bring in karma here. Whatever it is that you need to get done, get rid of any strings that might be attached (or at least paint them with some invisible ink till you are where you want to be. Yes, you can shop online or buy in store - for details contact my childhood friends 'Tom & Jerry).

 
Take it one day at a time and keep doing what you can to your best possible capacity. As long as you are at peace with your own conscience, you're ok. There is no one else in the world you are truly answerable to other than your conscience (not even your boss!!) and that is a fact most of us forget while leading the busy and stressful lives that we do in today's time.

Hope I haven't spoken a little too soon. Should you not see another post here for the next 6 years, please know that I have (:D)!

And I still haven't figured an appropriate name for this post so I will leave it to what I have left it to.

Happy weekend everybody! <3 p="">

P.S: Any images I post on this blog are courtesy of Google Image Search, unless otherwise mentioned or obvious.

 

No comments: